Beet greens are too often thrown away when they actually taste delicious and are quite nutritious. There’s no need to compost these delicious greens when you can turn them into so many healthy and quick meals, like these 10 minute wilted garlic beet greens with under 5 ingredients!
Why this recipe works
It’s quick, savory, and ready in minutes without a lot of fancy ingredients. When you get down to it, you simply saute garlic in extra virgin olice oil, add beets and a splash of bone broth and then enjoy!
This truly simple recipe only a few ingredients: olive oil, garlic, beet greens and broth with a little salt and pepper.
Beet greens are obviously the star of the show. This recipe works with fresh beet greens right out of the garden of from the CSA, but it will also work with greens that have wilted a little bit in the fridge or at the grocery.
In this recipe, use just the greens and discard the stems. Then coarsely chop the greens before using.
As always, I recommend organic produce when possible.
How to make the Wilted Garlic Beet Greens
This is pretty simple and ends up very delicious. just a few steps and a few minutes to get them made.
- Slice the garlic into tiny thin discs
- Sautee the garlic in a drizzle of olive oil
- Stir in the chopped beet greens
- Add the broth and sautee until done!
These Beet greens are just wilted, which means they maintain some of their texture
Make sure not to cook them too long
The key to these greens is that they are wilted, not completely cooked through. This maintains a crisper texture as well as preserving some of the nutrients and enzymes due to the shorter cooking time.
Wilted Garlic Beet Greens
DescriptionA quick and easy saute of beet greens and garlic with just 5 ingredients. This gluten-free and vegan side of Wilted garlic beet greens is ready in 10 minutes and deliciously nutritious!
Mince garlic cloves and saute in oil on medium heat for 30 seconds
Add greens, broth and salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 12kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 1g2%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Sodium 110mg5%
- Potassium 203mg6%
- Total Carbohydrate 2g1%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 1g2%
- Vitamin A 1630 IU
- Vitamin C 8 mg
- Calcium 34 mg
- Iron 1 mg
* This nutrition information does not tell the whole story of food's nutritional value! Make sure to use your gut intuition on what your body needs, eat your veggies and get 30 plants a week for optimal gut health. This nutritional data is calculated based on the above values and standard brands. This information may vary. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today! Mention @EatYourWayClean or tag #EatYourWayClean!
Avoid overcooking to maintain texture
Use Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground pepper for the best flavor.
You can use any broth that works for you. For vegetarian and vegan versions, use a vegetable broth. Otherwise, you can use chicken bone broth or bone broth from another protein source.