This is one of my favorite times of year because Colorado's very own Palisade peaches are in season!! They are the sweetest and most delicious peaches I've ever tasted and I can't help myself from eating multiple per day. I was tempted to buy a whole crate of them at the farmers' market yesterday, but luckily for our fridge, I showed some rare self-restraint and only bought the large bag 🙂 I was excited to use them for breakfast this morning, especially after the hot days we've been having! August in Colorado = HOT SUNNY Days. And since our AC is currently out of order, the days and nights are even hotter! I just can't bring myself to eat a warm breakfast when it's so hot. Instead, I feel like eating something light and fresh and cool. This smoothly bowl is the perfect combo! It's fresh, it's cool, it's simple to make yet has a complex flavor and it includes Palisade Peaches!! The recipe is for 1 and it is easily doubled for 2, 4, ( ...6,8 - who do we appreciate!?).
- blueberries, frozen, 1 cup
- fresh peach, 2 small
- nut butter, 2 tbsp (I used fresh ground almond)
- coconut milk (or milk of your choice) l, 1/4 cup
- banana, 1 large
- granola, 1/4 cup (I used Just BE Kitchen's - such good Colorado-grown Grain-free Products!!)
- blend blueberries, 1/4 of the banana, nut butter, 1 peach and coconut in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and well mixed
- slice remaining banana and dice extra peach
- pour smoothie into bowl. Top with banana, peach and granola
- serve and enjoy!
- for a nut free version, simply use a granola without nuts and omit the nut butter from the smoothie