We could all use more greens, am I right? Why not sneak 'em in where you'd least expect them? Like pizza sauce or a salad dressing! That's right, this Awesome Kale Green Sauce is just that... a sauce packed with delicious nutritious greens that you can sneak into your not-quite-as-healthy meals to give them that something extra. Or, use it to boost an already nutrient packed salad. (Greens on Greens on Greens)
This green sauce takes literally 5 minutes to make. The 5 minutes probably includes clean up, too. So go ahead, get your green on.
Awesome Kale Green Sauce also makes a great substitute sauce for anyone avoiding nightshades. You want to make pizza but don't want to have a tomato based and nightshade rich sauce? Use this kale green sauce instead. Have some 100% potato gnocchi that needs some flavor? Green sauce to the rescue.
If you're late to the Kale party, check out the many benefits of Kale here.
--Awesome Kale green sauce recipe--
- red kale, 3 leaves
- parsley, 1/4 bunch, about 1 cup
- shallot, 1
- olive oil, 2 tbsp plus drizzle
- water, 1/4 cup
- lemon juice, 1 tbsp
- salt, 1/4 tsp
- stove top
- Magic Bullet Blender
- saute peeled shallot, whole, in a drizzle of olive oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes
- cut off bottom 1.5 to 2 inches of parsley stems and discard. The rest of the stems are fine to leave in with the leaves - they have flavor and nutrients, too 🙂
- throw parsley and shallots in magic bullet blender with de-ribbed kale, salt, lemon juice and remaining oil
- blend until smooth
- serve and enjoy!
some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you purchase through these links, I'll get a small percentage, at no extra cost to you! Which I very much appreciate!