2 Ingredient Blender Frosting for cut out cookies
The healthiest and quickest frosting for cut out sugar cookies, this recipe is made from cashews and dates and naturally colored for great Christmas cookies! gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, paleo and keto.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted about 10 dates
Natural Food Coloring (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1 handful frozen spinach
- 10-15 frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
In pan, just cover dates and cashews with water and boil for 4-5 minutes
Do not drain, let cool
While lukewarm, add cashews and dates to blender. Add water they were boiled in until the cashews and dates are just covered. Only add enough water to make sure the blender can puree them.
Puree until evenly mixed
For Coloring the Frosting:
Divide the frosting into separate bowls. Add the different powdered ingredients to the bowl to make yellow, red, and brown.
For green and blue, puree the spinach and blueberries in with the cashews and dates
- If all cashews and dates do not fit in your blender, start with the blender full and then add in the other dates and cashews. Once its pureed, it will take up less space in the blender.
- I used a magic bullet blender to make this frosting. You can find one here.
- If the frosting is too runny, add a little arrowroot starch or tapioca starch to thicken it up.
- Mint would also be a good option for green.
- If you don't want to blend the spinach into the frosting, you can puree spinach with just a little bit of water and drain it. The liquid will be a great food coloring.
- With the colors, you are balancing between bright colors and mild flavors of the foods providing that natural color. I prefer a slightly muted color as I think it looks more natural.