One of the hardest things about a cleanse is wanting something rich and not having 45 minutes to create it. Hence, the 5 minute cake. It’s all the glory of something instant with all of the health of made-from-scratch baking. Well, health might be a stretch but its a heck of a lot better than store-bought or microwaveable.
This cake was inspired by the crazy cakes all over Pinterest. It is also vegan as there are no eggs in here! You can cook it for just 10 minutes if you want a devils food feel and up to 20 minutes for a fully formed cake feel. I like somewhere just in the middle, so it is solid but still has that warm gooey feel.
Time: Active (5 min) Inactive (15 min)
- hazelnut flour, 1 tbsp
- almond flour, 2 tbsp
- coconut flour, 2 tbsp
- baking soda, 1/4 tsp
- carob powder, 2 tbsp
- cinnamon, dash
- ginger, 2 dashes
- cardamom, 3 dashes
- salt, dash
- lime juice, 1/2 tbsp
- molasses, 2 tbsp
- pure vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp
- melted coconut oil (over 70degrees), 2 tbsp
- sparkling water, 3 tbsp
- mix all dry ingredients together
- make 4 wells/depressions in the dry mix. Add one wet ingredient into each well. They each get a home of their own, for now.
- add sparkling water on top of everything and mix it all together
- pop in a ramekin and bake at 350 for 15 minutes